DIY MODERN BENCH
Time to Improve your Outdoor Space
Take a good look at your backyard. Is it designed to impress? Or, does it look like many other backyards across the country: a once green oasis now looking like an abandon wasteland? The time has come to TAKE THE POWER BACK!
Backyard spaces are quickly becoming an extension of the indoor home space. The line between indoors and outdoors has become blurred with the trend in the wall to ceiling windows. New homes across the country are being built with this style of design. Making way for track home builders to crowd 100s of homes in a development, leaving little square footage for a backyard while making the best of this space by creating an outdoor room in this area. For this reason, we will see this trend continue over the next decade.
Start out with getting rid of all the junk, old furniture, and restore your patio space with this DIY modern piece of furniture!
Fire up the grill, invite friends and family over and get ready to enjoy your backyard once again!
Article provided by AZ Junk Removal, Arizona’s Furniture Removal Specialist: www.azjunkremoval.com
The modern sofa bench
In under 6 hours, even the most entry level mechanically inclined individual can create this sofa. You can expect to pay about $200 in materials; when it’s all said and done you’ll be the proud owner of an outdoor furniture piece worth around $750 – not bad for $200 and a half day of work.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Two 8 foot 4 by 8s for side panels
- Two 2 by 8s for the bottom and back pieces
- L – Brackets
- Lag Screws
- Outdoor modern style black cushions
- Circular Saw
- Miter Saw (rent one at your local hardware store if you don’t own one)
- Electric sander
Simple Assembly Directions
- Cut the 4 by 8s down into 32 inch segments using the miter saw
- Cut the 2 by 8s that match the length of your cushions. You’ll need 3 segments for the bottom and 1 for the back.
- Sand the 4 by 8s
- Join the panels together with the lag screws
- Lay down the side panels and screw the L-Brackets along the seam in between where the bottom 4 by 8 will go and the middle 4 by 8.
- Fasten the bottom segments:
- Screw the 2 by 8s to the L-Brackets from the underside (or flip it over so you don’t have to work on the ground).
- Fasten the back segment
- You’ll need to mark the exact location of the bracket then fasten the L-Bracket to the side panels.
- Stain it and place in the cushions .
Done and Done!
This modern style couch pairs well with this sleek fire pit; we’ll be finished with this article soon check back!
Article completed by Arizona Junk Removal
Arizona Junk specializes in backyard and garage cleanouts in the Southwest. They are known for transforming properties overrun by clutter.
Are you a writer? Do you specialize in modern decor? We can use you! Email us to inquire how your article can be featured on our site!…